Word documents opening in read only, how to edit (several cases)
What should I do when the Word documents opening in read only and cannot be edited? This involves the problem of file properties. When a property of file is set to read-only, it can no longer be edited. Therefore, the read-only property of file must be removed to edit it again.
How to change a word document from read only in another case? if the Word document is set to restrict editing, it cannot be edited again unless the restriction is lifted; in addition, if the Word document is set to the final state, it cannot be edited again, but when the document is opened, there will be a Edit Anyway Button, click it to continue editing.
I. How to remove read only from a word document (how to edit a read only word document)
1. Remove the read-only of a Word document. If you open a Word document, close it first; right-click the Word document and select Properties. Click Read-only to remove the check mark in front of it, click OK, and then open the document with Word, you can edit it. The operation steps are shown in Figure 1:
2. Another case (how to edit a read only word document):
Check whether the Word document is opened in read-only mode. The checking methods of Word 2003, Word 2007, Word 2010, 2013 and Word 2016, 2019 are different, respectively:
Word 2016, 2019: File → Save As → Browse → Tools → General Options;
Word 2010, 2013: File → Save As → This PC → Browse → Tools → General Options;
click Read-only recommended to remove the check mark in front of it in the opened window. The operation steps are shown in Figure 2:
Word 2007: Office icon → Save As → General Options on the left → remove the check mark in front of Read-only recommended;
Word2003: select Tools menu → Options → Security in turn, and remove the Check mark in front of Read-only recommended.
II. How to change a Word document from read only when the unexpected circumstances cause it to become read-only
Sometimes a software is installed, or a plug-in is maliciously installed while browsing the web, which may cause all Word files to be unable to edit and modify. In this case, the installed software or plug-in usually modifies the properties of all files to read-only, and modifies the registry to prevent their read-only properties from being removed. There is no doubt that the software or plug-in contains a virus and they can only be modified by removing the virus.
First of all, you should upgrade the anti-virus software to the latest version, and then perform a comprehensive anti-virus.
If the virus cannot be removed, replace the anti-virus software with another with stronger anti-virus capability; if it still cannot be removed, it can only be removed manually. First, take a look at any abnormal process in the task manager, check the unknown process with a search engine to see if there is any related virus information; if it is a virus, it can generally be found on the Internet, and there is a corresponding removal method. Follow the steps to clear.
- How to delete table lines in Word (one line, remove
- How to add cross symbol and tick mark in Word, with
- Find ProPlusww.msi when opening Office(Word/Excel),
- How to set Header and footer in word(13 examples), i
- Word art transform text effect (Follow Path, Warp, A
- How to convert PowerPoint to word(4 examples), inclu
- How do I rotate a page 90 degrees in Word, with rota
- Can't print from microsoft Word (6 possible reasons)
- How to fix Microsoft Word has stopped working (sever
- Word temporary files location (Msocache folder takes
- How to make a table of contents in word and change,
- How to underline in word, with double, wave,long und